Gatineau River Expedition
Bond as a team and connect with nature
1h45min from Ottawa—3 to 5 days—for custom groups
A customized river rafting trip is the perfect way for your group to strengthen as a team, and grow as individuals. On a leadership and educational expedition, participants will:
- learn whitewater navigation skills
- learn to survive and thrive in the wilderness
- be challenged to step out of their comfort zones
Read on to find out how to customize a rafting trip for your school, community organization, or specialized group that will meet all your program’s objectives.
Custom river rafting program
The Gatineau River Expedition is a 3 to 5-day wilderness voyage by raft for groups of 12 – 25 people. Along with fun and adventure, the program includes instruction in wilderness skills, whitewater safety, and paddling.
On day-1, after instructions and packing up, we load everything into the boats and float downstream to our campsite. The group paddles in professionally guided rafts and the equipment gets rowed by a guide in a ‘gear raft’. You’ll experience the magic of a river journey, camping by the riverside.
Activities & options
- Whitewater rafting
- Wilderness camping
- Survival and nature skills
- Inflatable kayaking & stand-up paddle boarding
- Whitewater rescue and safety skills
St. Therese de La Gatineau, QC (1h45min from Ottawa or 3 hours north west of Montreal)
Cost for youth groups is between $130 and $230 per participant, per day. Your pricing depends on your group size, trip length (3, 4, or 5 days), and what you’d like included.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and we’ll provide a written quote and detailed proposal.
Why a trip on the Upper Gatineau River?
Your students will connect with the river, forest, and region by getting to know its:
History and culture: This section was an early transportation route for First Nations, then an important fur trade passage, and a log drive river until the 90s! The river flows through the heart of Kitigan Zibi, an Algonquin community.
Ecology: The eco-system here is a bridge between the boreal zone of northern Quebec and the mixed forests that surround Ottawa.
Whitewater: Boasting some of the best rapids in eastern North America, the Gatineau hosts the annual ‘Festival d’eau vive de la Haute Gatineau’.
A professional, highly-qualified, experienced instructor team leads all activities.
Instruction and certification
Camping and river equipment
All delicious meals and snacks
What's not included
Who we work with
For our leadership and educational expeditions, some of the groups that we work with include:
- St. George’s School of Montreal – Gatineau River Expedition, Rouge Rafting trip, canoe trips, winter camping, hiking every year since 2011
- Selwyn House School of Montreal – Gatineau River Expedition
- Kitigan Zibi youth camp – Gatineau River rafting – 1 day
- Bishops College School – 10-day Batiscan River Canoe and Raft Expedition – Ondaatje Endeavor 2016
- Mamit Innuat – Magpie River Expedition with youth from Cote Nord Innu communities
Read about the river adventures of Selwyn House School on their customized trip
Learn more about Experiential Learning Expeditions with Boreal River
Read about Boreal River