Ottawa Kayarafting Adventure
Explore the water and waves of the Ottawa River
Discover the Ottawa River in the heart of the city, fostering group bonds and acquiring diverse skills. Dive into a variety of subjects, including history, geography and river skills. This is a great way to bond during an active, outdoor adventure.
Paddle and swim fun rapids—and learn safety concepts—with experienced river guides.
You can bring groups for a 1-day Kayarafting adventure or customize a 3-day adventure.
What to expect
Experience paddling and swimming in rapids and learn how to ‘read’ the river.
Get an understanding of key safety concepts so you can recognize danger and make good decisions on and around moving water.
We’ll outfit you with your own packraft, which is a lightweight inflatable kayak. These boats are great for learning because they’re stable and easy to steer.
You’ll gain a foundation that’ll allow you to safely expand into more river activities, from wilderness canoe trips, to packrafting expeditions, to fishing around rapids, and more!
Your day on the river
- Go to Parc Moussette, in Gatineau (minutes from downtown Ottawa)
- Meet the group and intros
- Suit up with top-quality gear that we’ll provide for you
- There are nearby bathrooms and changing areas
- You’ll get right into the action and into the water!
- We won’t take a long lunch break but we’ll do a couple of 15-20 minute breaks to refuel (bring your food and water bottle) and use the bathroom