Magpie River for Kayakers & Canoeists
Paddle continuous whitewater on the expedition of a lifetime
The Magpie is a perfect multi-day trip for intermediate and advanced paddlers. It has tons of great whitewater, untouched wilderness and spectacular scenery. Trips can be raft-supported or self-supported and the program we design is fully customized for each group.
Our Magpie season runs from mid-July to mid-September and most trips are 6 to 9 days long.
We work with groups, paddling schools, and clubs to run smooth, fun expeditions with our experienced leaders, local knowledge, and attention to detail.
View the Magpie for kayakers and canoeists photo gallery
Your river guides
All of our Magpie trips have a minimum of two guides (in support rafts or kayaks or both, depending on what is right for your group). Our trip leaders are extremely competent and all of them have:
- Wilderness skills with years of expedition guiding experience
- Whitewater paddling skills as kayak and canoe instructors (many can offer certifications)
- Knowledge of the Magpie
For paddlers who want to run their own expedition without guides, check out DIY Magpie and West Magpie for information and resources.
Our guides are certified and up-to-date in wilderness medicine and whitewater/swiftwater rescue. In fact, many of our guides are also instructors. All of our Magpie trips have:
- a satellite phone
- an emergency beacon (as back-up to the satellite phone)
- complete medical kits
- repair kit
- group rescue gear
Contact us anytime with questions and to schedule a consultation. We work with organizers to customize the trip so it’s a great fit for each group.
Details for 8-day Magpie Trip for paddling group (this trip can be customized to fit your group)
What's not included?
Some options for customizing are:
- Switch camping before and after expedition for hotels
- Switch portaging personal boats for helicopter portage + hike out (we always fly support rafts and group gear out)
- Lengthen or shorten the trip
- Add whitewater rescue workshops or paddling instruction
- Some groups choose to do their own food planning and packing, and provide their own camp kitchen gear