Join a remote backcountry adventure like no other
Experience 9 days of wilderness and whitewater
Have you dreamed of going on an ultra-lightweight backcountry adventure with everything on your back from your boat to your sleeping bag? Packrafts are inflatable kayaks that you can paddle on flat water and whitewater. Weighing only 6-10 lbs, you can stuff them into your backpack for overland travel. Packrafting is the perfect way to explore previously inaccessible terrain.
This is your chance to go on one of the most exciting and remote guided adventures offered anywhere in the world.
Boreal River has developed finely-tuned packrafting systems for travelling remote backcountry. And we provide everything you need to succeed and thrive.
The Magpie Packraft Expedition takes us down one of National Geographic’s top-10 multi-day whitewater rivers. On this trip you will learn how to thrive in the wild:
- Fly by helicopter, skimming canyons and Boreal treetops on your way to the Labrador plateau
- You’ll start your trip crossing small lakes and hilltops in the upper reaches of the Magpie watershed. This is a rarely visited land of mountains, water, and untouched Boreal forest.
- After navigating to Lake Magpie, you’ll get to paddle the world-class whitewater of the Magpie River in your own packraft, all the way to the sea.
- Gain river running skills with the leadership of professional guides
- Catch speckled trout and learn how to fly fish.
If you are a physically fit adventurer and want to push yourself, this trip is a challenging combination of exploring majestic terrain and paddling an incredible river. You will have one of the most amazing wilderness experiences of your lifetime and gain skills for more adventures.
View the Magpie Packrafting photo gallery
Trip Details at a Glance
Experience 9 days of incredible wilderness and whitewater
Departs FromSept Îles, Quebec, Canada
- Sat. Aug 15- Sun. Aug 23, 2020