Planning Your Travel
You’ve booked your trip! These resources will help you get ready:
- Learn about the activities and how you can get ready and in physical condition for your trip
- Find out what to pack
- Start getting ready
- Plan your travel to and from Foresters Falls, Ontario
Start getting ready
These checklists will help you get organized in advance so you’re ready to go.
90 days or more before your departure
- Read through your trip InfoPack (emailed to you once you book) and start getting ready for an incredible adventure!
- Plan your travel* to and from Foresters Falls or Ottawa, Ontario
- Decide on your travel dates and if you’ll be adding other travel in Ontario before or after your trip with us. Contact us anytime for advice on Argentina trip extensions.
- Purchase Medical and Trip Cancellation insurance*
- Complete your pre-trip questionnaire with menu choices, medical, emergency contact info, flight info, and anything else you’d like us to know (follow the link to the questionnaire in your trip InfoPack)
- Sign your waiver (also linked from your InfoPack)
- Check your passport expiry date (if you’ll be travelling from abroad)
*Before purchasing non-refundable flights and other travel arrangements, please make sure that our office has let you know that the trip is ‘confirmed’—meaning that we have the minimum number of participants to run the trip.
6 weeks before your departure
- Review your packing list
- Make sure you have the gear you need and get missing items—let us know if you have any questions.
10 days and less before departure
- Get packing!
- Give family, work, or friends our toll-free number 1-866-242-9383 and email email@example.com in case they need to reach you during the expedition—our guides will check for messages from the Boreal River office by satellite phone each day.
- Let us know if you run into any delays
- Meet your Boreal River Adventure guides at Owl Rafting in Foresters Falls at 3:30pm or in Ottawa between 12:30pm and 1:30pm (we’ll coordinate a specific time and location with you)
- You made it—enjoy your adventure!
Contact us anytime if you have any questions at all.
Plan your travel to Foresters Falls or Ottawa, Ontario
Our trip starts and ends in Foresters Falls, Ontario at 3:30pm at OWL Rafting. It’s a 4h30min drive from Toronto. We can also pick you up anywhere in Ottawa by 1:30pm.
Contact us if you’d like some advice or have any questions at all as you book travel. And let us know if you’d like recommendations for other travel plans.
Guests on Boreal River trips need to have appropriate Medical insurance and Medical Evacuation insurance. Any evacuation costs will be billed to the person that is leaving the trip. Insurance should cover emergency air evacuation from the river to a local hospital, medical treatment within Canada, and repatriation to a medical care facility in your home region.
We also strongly recommend getting Trip Cancellation insurance, which will reimburse you for the unused portion of your Boreal River trip if you must cancel prior to departure or leave your trip early due to illness, accident, or family emergency.
If you have insurance coverage from a credit card or an existing plan, please make sure that it will cover you for the above mentioned emergency situations and that you are covered while participating in whitewater activities and remote wilderness travel.
For an insurance package that will cover you for the specific situations encountered on our trips, we recommended something similar to what World Nomads offers.